By Will Robinson, Wilson County Public Library
Wilson County Public library has released a list of upcoming programs offered to the public this March at the Main Library and county Branch libraries.
In addition to the programs listed below, the main branch library is open Monday-Wednesday 9am-9pm, and Thursday-Saturday 9am-6pm. The library is closed on Sunday.
Main Branch Library Programs
The Wilson County main library is located at 249 Nash Street W, Wilson NC. With questions, call 252.237.5355 x.5029.
Early literacy programs continue at the Main Library every Wednesday and Thursday morning.
- Children ages birth through 2 are invited to join the 9:30am program.
- Preschool age children are invited to join the 10am program.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 2:30pm, teens are invited to come and tie-dye a t-shirt and turn it into a tote bag.
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017, 6pm, the library hosts “Teen Movie Night” and will be showing Doctor Strange.
Programs Held at Branches
The Black Creek branch library is located at 103 Central Avenue, Black Creek NC. With questions, call 252.237.3715. Branch hours are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm. This branch is closed Saturday-Sunday.
- Storytime — Thursdays, March 2 and 16, 2017, 4pm
- Lapsit — Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 10:30am
Branch address is 6000-C Ward Boulevard, Wilson NC. With questions, call 252.237.2627. Branch hours are Monday-Thursday 2-5:30pm. The branch is closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Storytime — Wednesday, March 8 and 22, 2017, 4pm
Location is 114 N Railroad Street, Elm City NC. With questions, call 252.236.4269. Branch hours are Monday-Friday 10am- 6pm. Branch is closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Early Literacy Storytime(s) — Tuesdays, March 14 and 28, 2017, twice each date (10am and 4pm)
- Teen Program — “Redesigning Cover Art” on Thursday, March 9, 2017, 4pm
- Teen Program — “Blackout Poetry” on Thursday, March 23, 2017, 4pm
This branch is located at 103 W Spring Street, Lucama NC. With questions, call 252.239.0046. Branch hours are Monday-Friday 10am-6pm. Branch closed Saturday-Sunday.
- Teen program — “Wii Game Party” on Thursday, March 2, 2017, 4pm
- Teen Program — “Rainbow Waffles” on March 16, 2017, 4pm
- Nautical Themed Story Time — Tuesday, March 7 and 21, 2017, 4pm
- Nautical Themed Lapsit — March 1 and 15, 2017, 10:30am
Branch location is 114 S Main Street, Stantonsburg NC. With questions, call 252.238.3758. Branch hours are Monday-Thursday 1:30-5pm. Closed Friday-Sunday.
- Book Chat — Thursday, March 2, 2017, 3pm
- Crafternoon — Thursday, March 16, 2017, 2pm
Bookmobile March/April Dates and Locations:
- Saratoga, Tuesday, March 7, 2017, at 3:30-5pm
- Rock Ridge, Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 3-4pm
- Sims, Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 4:15-5pm
- Saratoga, Tuesday, March 28, 2017, at 3:30-5pm
- Rock Ridge, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 3-4pm
- Sims, Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 4:15-5pm
- Saratoga, Tuesday, April 18 2017, at 3:30-5pm
- Rock Ridge, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 3-4pm
- Sims, Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 4:15-5pm
Below are the nearest addresses to where the bookmobile parks.
- Saratoga — Across the street from Premier Auto Body, 6822 Main Street, Saratoga NC. (The bookmobile parks in an empty lot across the street from the body shop.)
- Rock Ridge — In the parking lot adjacent to Williamson Peanuts, 6512 Rock Ridge School Road, Wilson NC (Exit 116 off I-95).
- Sims — In the parking lot adjacent to the Sheriff’s outpost located at 6402 Hwy 264a, Sims NC.
Ed. Note: Thank you to Alison Howard, Outreach Services, Wilson County Public Library, for the bookmobile details.