Spring is around the corner. Warm days are increasing in Eastern North Carolina. Small businesses, organizations, farms, and handmade goods sellers who are seeking public vendor opportunities have spots opening soon.
The list below shows events and markets that are seeking vendors to sell or display. Contact information is provided as available.
- Senior Lifestyle Expo — The Wake Forest Chamber of Commerce is holding a on Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 10am-2pm, at Richland Creek Community Church, 3229 Burlington Mills Road, Wake Forest NC. Booths range from $150-$400 with member/non-member rates. More details here.
- Paws In The Park — Held at the Best Friends Dog Park, 480 N Lee Street, Rocky Mount NC. Vendor spots are available for the event April 8, 2017; the organizers welcome veterinary hospitals, pet groomers, rescues, pet stores, pet bakeries, and any other businesses that love pets. Vendor fee is $35 for businesses/for-profit or $20 for non-profit. Vendors are also asked to consider donating a door prize ($10 value) to be used as a give-away or fashion show/contest prize. All those interested in being a vendor and/or having questions about this event, contact Alex Langley at Alex.email@example.com. A vendor form is here.
- Belarussian Day 2017 — Held at Wakefield Central Baptist Church, 308 Proctor Street, Zebulon NC, this annual fundraiser is scheduled for April 1, 2017. Yard sale spaces are available for $30, with proceeds they raise going to the church ministry helping kids and families affected by Chernobyl radiation since 1986. Yard sale starts at 6:30am and goes through the morning. In the evening, a live auction of donated items — most from local businesses — continues the fundraiser. More information here.
- Paws in the Park Easter Egg Hunt — Held at the Ashley Wilder Dog Park located at Knightdale Station Park, 810 S Main Street, Knightdale NC. This dog-specific event is Saturday, April 8, 2017, set up by 8:30am. This event concludes no later than 10:30am as the amphitheater hosts the family Easter Eggstraordinaire event right after. Vendors must be pet-related or be offering pet products at the event. There is no fee; free to participate, but in exchange, each vendor is asked to provide 125 items to be included in the goodie bags given to participating pets. Sponsorships are also available. With questions or to sign up, contact Knightdale’s Recreation Program Supervisor, Megan Thornton, at 919.217.2236 or via email.
- Spring Wedding Show — Scheduled for the Wilson County Fairgrounds, 2331 US Hwy 301, Wilson NC, on April 8-9, 2017. Those interested in becoming vendors, see details here.
- Craft Fair and Flea Market — Held at 6488 Main Street, Bailey NC (across from Piggly Wiggly, overflow parking lot). This special event is April 22, 2017, 8am-2pm, rain or shine. Vendors will be setting up at 7am. Approximately 30 vendor spaces are available, available on a first come, first served basis. Vendor fee is $10 for a 10×10 space, due at event start. To sign up, contact the Bailey NC Chamber of Commerce at 252.235.6270 or via email.
- Bunn Fun Day — On April 22, 2017, the third-annual Bunn Fun Day will include vendors along Railroad Street in Bunn NC. The organizers are seeking sponsors and vendors, and vendor spaces are filling fast. The event runs 10am-4pm. Contact organizer Sherry Mercer via email with questions. (see Article with vendor form link.)
- NC Pickle Festival — Held in Mount Olive NC, this year’s festival is April 29, 2017, 9am-6pm. Applications are being accepted now; the early bird application deadline is March 14, 2017. Non-food vendor fees start at $55, plus other potential fees. Food vendor fee is $290 plus other potential add-ons. All application types, along with fee information, are available at www.ncpicklefest.org/vendors.
- Vendor Indoor/Outdoor Sale — Wendell Christian Church, 427 Mattox Street, Wendell NC, is holding an indoor/outdoor vendor sale. The event is May 6, 2017. For vendor information and rates, contact Ann Harris at 919.365.0734.
- Nashville Blooming Festival — Held in downtown Nashville NC. This weekend festival is set for May 12-13, 2017, although vendors are only open Saturday. This year’s Nashville Blooming Festival may have spaces available for craft and food vendors. Fees range from $50-$150 depending on location and space size. Vendors (and sponsors) may sign up through the Nashville NC Chamber of Commerce. The application deadline is April 14, 2017. Contact Jo Anne Cooper via email.
- Spring Fling — Held in downtown Wendell NC. There are many parts to this “Spring Fling” event. Scheduled for May 13, 2017, 9am-7pm. The fling includes Spring Into The Arts Walk, Sidewalk Chalk, Bluegrass Concert, Car Show, Special program at the Historic Post Office, Silent Auction, live music, and vendors. Vendors may register online for $20 at www.wendellchamber.com/pages/wendell-spring-fling1.
- Pop Up Raleigh — Hosted at Trophy Brewery, 656 Maywood Avenue, Raleigh NC. This is a funky, vintage market, with handmade pottery, jewelry and more including food trucks outside. Vendors may change month-to-month. Held on the third Saturday of the month, the next market date is March 18, 2017, noon-5pm; however, vendor spots are sold out for March. Spaces range from $50 to $85. To apply as a vendor for April and forward, visit this Spring application page. Updates and photos may be found on their Facebook page. Note, a Tax ID is required to participate.
- Wake Forest Farmers Market — Located at 405 S Brooks Street, Wake Forest NC. The Wake Forest Farmers Market is open year-round, with market Saturday mornings. Times vary by season. Membership, plus application, and market fees vary by the number of weeks or season a vendor participates, with separate rates for arts and craft vendors. Visit www.wakeforestfarmersmarket.org/ourmarket for a link to the application form.
- Clayton Farm and Community Market — Held at 348 E Main Street, Clayton NC. The market accepts goods handmade or grown within 100 miles of Clayton. Vendor spaces are $15 per Saturday; hours are 9am to 1pm. See vendor information at www.cfcmnc.org/forms.
- Zebulon Farm Fresh Market — Held at the Zebulon Municipal Complex, 1003 N Arendell Avenue, Zebulon NC.
The Market runs Saturdays, 9am to 1pm, from April to October. Right now, they are gearing up for the market’s Opening Day on April 22, 2017, and spaces are available. It’s $100 for a full-time vendor (25 weeks) and $65 for a half-time vendor. This year, in addition to their regular farm/produce and goods vendors, the market is looking for a vendor to do pottery, a dairy vendor, and a seafood vendor. Contact Maurine Brown, Market Manager, at 919.823.1816 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
301 Endless Yardsale — This 100-miles of yard sale runs along Highway 301 from Dunn NC to Roanoke Rapids NC through several counties. Planned for the weekend of June 16-17, 2017, 7am-5pm, spaces along the route may be free to those who live along the route or there may be a small fee to set up at a local business. Location details and vendor FAQ are available on the event website, www.301endlessyardsale.com, with location contacts by county.
This Greensboro event is planned later in 2017; however, their vendor deadline is coming up in March:
- National Folk Festival — Held in downtown Greensboro NC, and seeking food vendors. For priority consideration, prospective vendors should submit applications by March 1, 2017, though festival is scheduled for September 8-10, 2017. Classic festival fare, regional foods, and ethnic foods expected. Online applications are available at nationalfolkfestival.com/food.
This Goldsboro event’s plans include a move from Spring to September this year:
- Pig In The Park — Held in Goldsboro NC over two days; live music on Friday and the cook-off on Saturday. This event is moving to September in 2017 and the website will update soon. Vendor spaces will be available. Details are being worked out, and the vendor details should be available in Spring. The event is online at www.piginthepark.com. Pig In The Park is organized by the Boys and Girls Club of Wayne County, which receives the event proceeds.
Several farmers markets and Spring events are still in the planning process. As vendor fees and details are released, attempts will be made to update this list. Contact information is provided.
- Knightdale Farmers Market — Held in Knightdale Station, 810 S Main Street, Knightdale NC. The 2017 market schedule and vendor fee information are coming soon. The 2017 market focus is homegrown and farm-related products, scheduled as a once-a-month opportunity. Updates may be found on the market Facebook page or the Town of Knightdale website.
- Rocky Mount’s Farmers Market — Held at 1006 Peachtree Street, Rocky Mount NC. The market is projected to open April to November 2017, some Wednesdays and most Saturdays. The official page is here. As mentioned on that page Jimmy Winters, Market Manager, may be reached via email or call 252.407.7920.
- Franklin County Farmers Market — Held at 137 Shannon Village, Louisburg NC. This market is open May to December 2017, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Market opens some dates January to April. Contact the market at 919.496.3344 for vendor fees and availability information. The market is online at www.franklincountync.us/services/farmers-market. Updates are posted to Facebook here.
Did we miss a vendor opportunity? If you’re an event planner and your event is not listed here, email us.
Note that NC Fairgrounds events frequently include vendors. These have not been included in this local list. To vend at a fairground event, see the NC Fairground’s online calendar.
Ed. Note: Thank you to Wendell Antiques & More’s Annette Pearce, local Chambers, and town officials for assisting with this article.