By Pat Wright, GroundSwell Pictures, Inc.
“Frame to Table” is an exciting new food-oriented fundraiser scheduled for May 19, 2017, at 7pm, in SkyView on Hay, 121 Hay Street, Fayetteville, North Carolina.
Frame to Table is a culinary trip around the world, offering creative foods and wines inspired by great films. Tables will be decorated for each film, with creations prepared by Chef Lou with Elite Catering.
- At The Godfather themed table, sample a variety of delectable Italian bites including Bay Scallop Napoli — Bay scallops sauteed with roasted garlic and tomatoes served on a crostini.
- Travel to Casablanca for mouthwatering Moroccan cuisine — Moroccan Chicken Stew — and enjoy the bold, spicy flavors.
- Enjoy a taste of Greece with rolled thin-sliced chicken with a spinach and feta filling at the My Big Fat Greek Wedding themed table.
- Enjoy Asian cuisine at the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon table, including Thai Chili and Lime Shrimp — sauteed shrimp with Thai chili Lime sauce and pepper melange served over Jasmine Rice.
- Enjoy Ensalada de Nopal at the Treasure of the Sierra Madre table.
- Indian spices will be served at The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel table, with Beef and Vegetarian samosas.
- For desserts, enjoy a Chef’s selection at the Chocolat movie table.
- For an adult beverage, celebrate the film Sideways with a glass of wine.
Go from table to table, and eat your way around the world! In addition to the main courses, there will be other tasty bites.
Frame to Table guests will also enjoy live entertainment and a fun, brief how-to on How to Film Fest with the Best. This short presentation will answer the burning question all film festival fans ask, “With 30+ films screening at 4 venues, how in the world do I know which ones to choose?”
Tickets are $50 per person, with proceeds from this Frame to Table fundraiser benefiting Indigo Moon Film Festival. The films and foods are a “taste of what is to come” when Indigo Moon Film Festival brings both national and international films to screens in Historic Downtown Fayetteville NC on the weekend of October 13-15, 2017. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind evening of fun, film, and food! For tickets and more information, visit www.indigomoonfilmfestival.com/f2t.
GroundSwell Pictures is a 501(c)(3) based in Fayetteville NC with a mission of engaging and inspiring diverse communities by producing films, showing films, teaching filmmaking, and supporting films that make a positive difference. Through GroundSwell Pictures, they will produce films about significant social issues, showing movies to the public through MoonShadow Film Society, teach filmmaking to young people through Shooting Stars Film Camp, support filmmakers, and to enrich the community through cultural arts through Indigo Moon Film Festival.