Grab lunch or dinner at Knightdale Station Park on the third-Thursday of each month and get a bit of fresh air, even network with others stopping for a bite to eat. Food Truck Thursday events begin April 18 and continue through October 2019.
The variety of food trucks augments local restaurant offerings, with a rotating selection of cuisines. Lunchtimes feature one food truck; dinnertimes feature two or three food trucks, a dessert truck, plus local bands to entertain while you enjoy your dinner or a sweet treat. This year, live music will be playing during each dinnertime Food Truck Thursday.
Food trucks will be parked near the Knightdale Station Park pavilion, 810 N First Avenue, Knightdale, North Carolina. Sit and eat, or pick up food to take back to your desk or home.
The scheduled trucks and music are as follows.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Mel’s Many Minis (www.melsmanyminis.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Baozi (baozifoodtruck.com), Spanglish (www.eatspanglish.com), and JAM Ice Cream (www.jamicecream.com) — with Live Music by Johnny Orr
Thursday, May 16, 2018
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Las Gringas (www.tacoslasgringas.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Baguettaboutit (www.baguettaboutit.com), The Bamboo Cookhouse (www.thebamboocookhouse.com), and Little Lanea’s Mini Donuts (Facebook page) — with Live Music by Rob Matthews
Thursday, June 20, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Chick N Que (www.chicknque.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Lillie Mae’s Kitchen (Twitter page), CockADoodleMoo (cockadoodlemootruck.com), Arepa Culture (www.arepaculturenc.com), and Frostbites (Facebook page) — with Live Music by Adam Lee Trucker Trio
Thursday, July 18, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Virgil’s Jamaica (virgilsjamaica1.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Morfa Empanadas (Facebook page), Fully Loaded Fritters (fullyloadedfritters.com), and Kona Ice (Kona Ice Raleigh Facebook page) — with Live Music by Big Chief Trio
Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Baton Rouge Cuisine (www.brcuisine.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Poblanos Tacos and More (www.poblanostacos.com), The Humble Pig (www.thehumblepig.com), and Sweet Escapes (SweetEscapeByPoblanos on Facebook) — with Live Music by My Cousin Skinny
Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Sarge’s Chef (Twitter page)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Moonrunners (www.moonrunnerstruck.com), Redneck BBQ Lab (theredneckbbqlab.com), and Frostbites (Facebook page) — with Live Music by Jason Jackson
Thursday, October 17, 2019
- Lunch (11:30am-1:30pm) — Bam Pow Chow (www.bampowchow.com)
- Dinner (6-8pm) — Havana Dave’s (www.havanadaves.com) and Woodpile BBQ (Facebook page); no dessert-specific truck announced — with Live Music by EG Peters
Ed. Note: Lunch and dinner times are the same for each Food Truck Thursday. Times are repeated above for easier cutting/pasting and sharing on social media. Spread the word! (Or, share the link to this article.)