By Kay Whatley, Editor
According to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., the “sauces, dressings, and condiments” market is expected to reach $181 billion (US Dollars) worldwide by 2025. A growing demand for healthy on-the-go food products and an increase in popularity of international cuisines are noted as factors in this growth.* The research behind the report focused on large brands, but those dollars you might spend on a big-name brand can be directed into the North Carolina economy when you “buy local.”
There are North Carolina-made sauces, dressings, and condiments available and, when you purchase from local businesses and entrepreneurs, more of that money stays in the state.
Here’s a list of Sauces, Dressings, and Condiments from our local area to get you started.
- Mr. Chimi’s Churri Sauce — Clayton, NC (production is in Henderson, NC) — mrchimis.com
- Yo Momma’s Style LLC Artisan Food — Garner, NC — Yo Momma’s Style Facebook page
- Martha’s Kitchen Etc., LLC — Knightdale, NC — Marthas Kitchen Facebook page
- George’s Sauces, LLC — Nashville, NC — www.georgesbbqsauce.com
- Sweet Pa Paw’s Original Louisiana Bar B Que Sauce — Rocky Mount, NC — www.sweetpapaws.com
- Peggy Rose’s Jellies — Wake Forest, NC — peggyrosesjellies.com
- Deans Farm Market — Wilson, NC — www.deansfarmmarket.com
- Miss Heidi’s Sauce — Zebulon, NC — missheidissauce.com
- HS Howell Farms — Zebulon, NC — www.hshowellfarms.com
Many of those listed above are part of the state’s Got To Be NC agriculture program. Search for the products you want to buy — including rubs, farm products, and more at gottobenc.com/find-local.
With every purchase you make, you “vote with your money.” You choose whether the profits made go to a big business somewhere else in the nation or world, of if more of it stays right here in North Carolina.
*Data source: Grand View Research, Inc.