Vendor Applications Now Being Accepted
By Lisa Kamin, The Vintage Lifestyle Experience. LLC
The first-annual retro event, Vintage Fan Fair, will be held November 10-11, 2017 (Veterans Day holiday) indoors at the Holshauser Building at the NC State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Drive, Raleigh NC. Celebrating Nostalgia™ will be the theme of this special event featuring a marketplace of vendors, retro games and activities, and pop-up entertainment.
Vintage Fan Fair appeals to all ages, as it brings together a variety of vintage vendors offering products, services and activities representing many different eras from the 20th century. Jury-selected vendors will showcase wares in a variety of styles from farmhouse to mid-century modern and hippie-chic. One of the unique features of this event is in bringing together vintage, retro and antique vendors all in one place. Artisans that re-create products from the past, to those that take vintage items and re-imagine them into something completely different will also be featured. Not only will there be a vivid array of home goods, clothing and furniture; but, service providers to the vintage genre will also be represented. Photography, hair & makeup stylists and architectural preservation are a few to be showcased over the two days.
More than just a marketplace, Vintage Fan Fair will fully immerse attendees in a nostalgic experience with various activities, showcases, presentations and pop-up entertainment. Scheduled highlights include:
- Glamper Showcase — The first of its kind in the Triangle. All gathered outdoors, in a melange of colors and themes, attendees will be able to go inside over 20 vintage trailers during special open house hours. Peek inside these mobile tiny homes called Glampers (Glamorous + Campers) and see how each owner decorates to the nines!
- “Mayberry Modernism” presentation — George Smart, President of North Carolina Modernist Houses will share the story of how North Carolina became the third largest concentration of modernist houses in America.
- Special tribute to our Veterans — Join us to honor our vets with the reading of personal letters and stories from soldiers, describing their own experiences. Also, throughout the 2-day show, vintage typewriters and stationery will be set-up in vignettes for attendees to type out personal thank-you notes to vets.
- Professional retro-styled makeovers/glam shots will be offered (additional cost for services).
Purchase tickets online by October 31, 2017, for $7 per person. Starting November 1 and at the door, tickets are $8.50. Special 2-ticket package is $12.50. In honor of the holiday weekend, all vets (past or currently serving) are offered free admission. All tickets are good for one-day entry and includes entry to the Glamper Showcase tour too.
Hours of this event are:
- Friday, November 10: 12pm-8pm
- Saturday, November 11: 10am-5pm
The Glamper Showcase hours are:
- Friday, November 10: 5-7pm
- Saturday, November 11: 1-3pm
For tickets, event schedule updates and vendor application, visit www.vintagefanfair.com, and see updates on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VintageFanFair and Instagram www.instagram.com/vintagefanfair.
We welcome all types of vintage interpretations — from retro to antique to mod; from vintage-vibe to authentic; as-found to up-cycled. However you describe it, we celebrate it all at the Vintage Fan Fair! We are looking for a variety of vendors offering services, products, organizations, hobby clubs, or even retro tourist attractions.
“Apply in July” at a special rate: 10×10 spaces are $199 indoors and $145 outdoors. Apply online at thevintagelifestyleexperience.com/vendor-info/application.
This event is produced by The Vintage Lifestyle Experience, LLC, an experiential marketing company specializing in the vintage market. Owner and event producer, Lisa Kamin, describes the company’s mission, “We are all about celebrating nostalgia – the feeling, not one particular era. We revel in creating an all-immersive experience for anyone to recollect their favorite memories. The beauty in reminiscing is revealed in the stories we all have from our uniquely personal histories and to share them once more. Whether it’s dressing up in retro style, finding a brooch just like your Grandma had or listening to your favorite music — if it sparks a pleasant memory, we celebrate it.”