Franklin County Arts Council has published its fourth issue of County Lines: A Literary Journal. A launch party and readings by the contributors will be held at the FCAC Headquarters, 22 S Main Street, in Franklinton NC on Thursday night, December 8, 2016, starting at 7pm.
Winners of the FCAC Writer’s Guild Carolina Writers Prize will also be announced at the reading. Awards will be given in two divisions: poetry and prose. Five honorable mentions will also be named.
The public is invited to attend this free event. After the readings there will be a social with light refreshments.
Copies of County Lines may be purchased at the event. Local authors and poets whose work was selected for this year’s publication:
- Sherry Avery (Dawn)
- Joyce Compton Brown (Stumbling Through Old Landscapes)
- Rebecca Collins (Madeline L’Engle Was Right, Pink Crocheted Hat)
- Jackie Dove-Miller (New Mourning, The Time is Now, …)
- Janet Joynes (Fur Piece, Matzalan Promade)
- Monty Joynes (A Pause to Suppose, An Extravagance of Believing, …)
- Jeanne Julian (Equinox, In Memoriam, …)
- Jim Lee (Home)
- Dorothy Orr (Prayer in the Dark)
- Alice Osborne (Come as You Are, 20th High School Reunion)
- Linda Riggins (A Past Present)
- Lynn Bechdolt (Snake Skin)
- Kate M. Carey (On Becoming)
- Jacques Cobb (Breed)
- Carol Cooley (About Her)
- Jackie Dove-Miller (The Package)
- Dorothy Orr (Open Heart)
- Donna Campbell Smith (Lovin’ Ethan, For the Love of a Woman)
- Rochelle Smith (An Unusual Point Of View)
- Scott Spillman (Cast Roses)
- Bob Strother (Sand)
- Deanna Vassar (Hungry)
- Gary Vassar (Memories of Maude)
County Lines: A Literary Journal has been published each December since 2013. The Call For Submissions begins in late summer.