The Franklin County Arts Council, a nonprofit with a 40 year history of promoting the Arts in Franklin County, North Carolina, is seeking its next leader.
As Franklin County Arts Council Executive Director, the employee is under the policy direction of the FCAC Board of Directors. The Director manages operations and activities for FCAC including strategic planning, budgeting, marketing, events promotion, and supervision of volunteers.
All programs of the FCAC are designed to position its programs to the community, increase membership and volunteers, and maximizing community participation. This position requires a commitment to working with the Board of Directors to establish and achieve short and long-term goals.
The Executive Director provides the leadership for ethical and effective operations and assures activities of the FCAC follow established policies and function within its bylaws.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with and update the Board of Directors regarding the council’s current and future needs, upcoming events, and opportunities. Implement Board direction when given
- Meet with Diversity Team and support projects, submit projects to Board for approval
- Coordinate all aspects of projects, programs
- Attend projects, programs when a volunteer or Board member cannot attend/assist in an event.
- Log working hours
- Send Birthday wishes to members
- Monitor and maintain mobile phone
- Volunteer and membership recruiting – Meet with members, volunteers, potential volunteers to cultivate relationships through events, gallery, and workshops.
- Meet with Civic members from the community to find additional support/monies
- Meet visitors local and state-wide to engage, welcome, and make them feel comfortable
- Keep marketing and resource lists updated
- Coordinate Gallery Volunteer Schedule, add to monthly calendar
- Label artwork
- Collect and mount artist bios to display in gallery
- Manage gallery including income documentation, expense vouchers, artist vouchers
- Take photos, edit, and utilize photos of Franklin County Arts Council events. Organize and save photos to computer hard drive and sharing on flash drive Social Media Specialist to utilize for Social Media use
- Pick up mail from US Post office
The Starting Date for this position is December 1, 2020. This is a part-time position: 12-15 hours per week.
To Apply, qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, Attention: Danney Dailey, Board Chairperson, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Franklin County Arts Council is based in Louisburg, NC and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Founded in 1979, the mission of Franklin County Arts Council is to promote and encourage the development and advancement of the arts; to cultivate an appreciation of the arts; and to promote funding and coordination of arts activities county-wide. For more information, visit www.fcacarts.org.