Raleigh-based band, Big Love, will headline “Friday Night on White” on Friday, August 9, 2019, 6-9pm. The free outdoor concert will take place along South White Street in historic downtown Wake Forest, North Carolina.
A high-energy dance band, Big Love play a variety of great music guaranteed to get people moving, from the classics to current hits and including jazz, disco, pop, funk, R&B, and beach.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants. Plus, the following food and dessert trucks will be on site in the Depot Parking Lot, 110 S White Street, Wake Forest, NC:
- Adobo Joe
- Beefy Buns
- Charlie’s Kabob on Wheels
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Kona Ice
- Lumpy’s Ice Cream
- The Redneck BBQ Lab
- The VFW Chuckwagon
- Virgil’s Jamaica
Free parking will be available during Friday Night on White at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and along several side streets and parking lots throughout downtown Wake Forest and beyond.
Some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot you are using. Private lots are intended for business patrons only. Public lots that are open to Friday Night on White attendees are clearly marked.
Follow Big Love on Facebook at www.facebook.com/biglovenc.
See Town of Wake Forest updates at www.facebook.com/TownofWakeForest.
Note that the final 2019 Friday Night on White free concert, on Friday, September 13, 2019, will feature Crush.
Event Rules and Information
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
- No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
- All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
- Beer serving stations will be located at the western end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and in the vicinity of the South White Street and Wait Avenue intersection.
- Wine serving stations will be provided at the wine tents located near the intersection of Wait Avenue and South White Street.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit any of the three information tents for details.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50 p.m.
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30 p.m.
- Stay off the railroad tracks. Standing on or near the railroad tracks is trespassing.
- Anyone sharing their pictures on social media is encouraged to use #FNOW and #FridayNightonWhite;
- Anyone planning to use Uber or Lyft is encouraged to set the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., as the destination and pickup location.
Friday Night on White commemorative T-shirts are available for purchase for $10 each. The T-shirts are available in dark gray and lime green in a variety of styles and sizes and can be purchased at the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., with cash, check or credit card. T-shirts will also be available for purchase with cash or check at the Information Tent during each Friday Night on White concert – while supplies last.
Volunteers are needed to perform a variety of duties during Friday Night on White. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will receive a volunteer T-shirt. For more information or to sign up, email Downtown Development Program Assistant Jennifer Herbert at email@example.com.
Android and iPhone users can have a handy pocket guide to Friday Night on White in the palm of their hands by downloading the Town of Wake Forest app and utilizing the app’s “Friday Night on White” function. Designed to offer smart phone users instant access to important details about this year’s outdoor music series, the function includes the complete 2018 concert schedule, the lineup of participating food and dessert trucks, parking information, weather updates and more.
IPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android users can download the Town’s free app by searching for “Town of Wake Forest” on iTunes, in the iPhone app store, or in Google Play or by scanning the appropriate QR code provided at www.wakeforestnc.gov/communications/app-download.
In the event of inclement weather on the day of a concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4 p.m. Updated concert information will be posted on the Town’s website, Nextdoor site and Facebook page and available by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919.435.9569. Smart phone users who have downloaded the Town app will also receive a push notification message concerning any schedule changes.
Due to the popularity of Friday Night on White, organizers make every effort to proceed with each concert as scheduled. However, when severe weather threatens, the safety of visitors, sponsors and performers is our chief priority. As a result, decisions on whether to continue or cancel a concert are based entirely on the potential risks posed by inclement weather.
The following sponsors have generously contributed to Friday Night on White:
White Street Brewing Co., Gladwell Orthodontics, McPherson Family Eye Care, Mitchell Heating & Cooling, Foxy 107/104, NuImage Surgical & Dental Implant Center, Capital PowerSports, Wells Family Dental Group, Local Charm, Benchmark Community Bank, Fonville Morisey Wake Forest, O2 Fitness Clubs, UNC Physicians Network, Orangetheory Fitness, The Wake Weekly, Pro Audio & Light, Burn Boot Camp Wake Forest, Dirty Dogs Spa, Sole Dimensions, B&W Hardware, Coastal Credit Union, Birkner Insurance, Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Avance Primary Care, Triangle Family Dentistry, School of Rock Wake Forest, Ting Internet, Chick-fil-A, CIRCA Magazine, Fidelity Bank, Lowes Foods, Wake Forest Area Chamber of Commerce, Ads N Art, Wake Forest Federal, Hasentree by Toll Brothers, Carolina Regenerative Medicine, For Your Occasion Party Rentals and Stanley Martin Homes.
Sponsors’ contributions help defray the cost of producing Friday Night on White by offsetting a variety of event expenses, including performers’ fees, private event staff outlays and stage rentals – just to name a few.
For complete information about Friday Night on White, visit www.wakeforestnc.gov/…/friday-night-white.
Source: Bill Crabtree, Town of Wake Forest