On August 16, 2018, the Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce announced the SHE-E-O First Annual Women’s Conference Kick-Off. The event is scheduled for Wednesday, September 19, 2018, starting at noon. It will be held at Benvenue Country Club, 100 Southern Boulevard, Rocky Mount, North Carolina.
The program will include:
- Lunch: Provided by Benvenue Country Club
- Keynote Speaker: Renee Chou, WRAL Anchor
- Master of Ceremony and Moderator for Panel Discussion: N. Joyce Payne, International Affairs and STEAM Advisor to the President of TMCF.
- Moderator for Table Discussion: Amanda Bell, Customer Service & Marketing Manager at Family Medical Center of Rocky Mount and Chamber Executive Board Member
Panelist scheduled are:
- Kristen Brabble, Chief Administrative Officer at First Carolina Bank
- Dr. Monique Brown, Owner of Monique Brown, M.D.
- Evan Covington Chavez, Development Manager at Rocky Mount Mills Campus
- Deborah Sperati, Partner at Poyner Spruill, LLP
- Tina L. Taylor, CEO and Founder of Heritage Leadership Academy-STEM Education for Young Women in Emerging Markets and Former CIO at GE
- Kimberly Thigpen, Founder/Owner of The Bath Place
David Faris, CEO and President of the Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce stated that he is thrilled that this is one of the events he was able to curate and start during his new tenure at the chamber. He also said that this is a kick-off for many other signature Women’s Conference events that will be done by the Chamber in the upcoming years.
At the conference, you will get a chance to hear testimonies and advice from many local, statewide and nationally known women who have excelled in not only their careers but their personal lives.
The topic of the event this year is Re-Imagining the Power of Women. The event will help women explore where they can add the most value in the community, at their job, with their peers and in their personal lives. The conference will include a message from keynote speaker Renee Chou and follow into a panel discussion with the panelist listed above. The panel discussion will serve as a time for the attendees to ask questions pertinent to the message and topic.
After the panel discussion, the table discussion will provide the attendees time to take a deeper dive into how they can excel in their lives by brainstorming and sharing ideas with other women at the event. Once that is complete there will be a networking hour sponsored by the Women’s Professional Networking Group of Rocky Mount.
Tickets for the event are $50 per ticket for members $60 for prospective members. Tickets can be ordered on The Chamber website, or by calling The Chamber at 252.973.1211.
The Chamber created this conference kick-off along with Presenting Sponsor Pfizer and Silver Sponsor Eastern North Carolina Center for Business & Entrepreneurship. Other sponsors of this event include Bailey’s Fine Jewelry, Family Medical Center of Rocky Mount, PNC Bank and Southern Bank. If you are interested in being a sponsor of the event, contact Desiree Dolberry at 252.973.1202 or via email@example.com.
The Rocky Mount Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization with over 700 business members in the region, serving as the leading business advocate for sustaining and promoting economic prosperity in the region, and exists to foster economic growth and to advance the commercial, industrial, and civic well-being of the region through a strong, expanding business base.