The Farmville Public Library and the May Museum & Park will be working together to offer this unique series of public events in 2020, with local history presentations and special guests at the museum, library, and other locations.
Upcoming Coffee and History dates and locations include:
- January 16, 2020 @ 10:30am — Farmville Mayor John O. Moore opens the series. Mayor Moore will present on his storied broadcasting career and vision for the town of Farmville (held at the May Museum, 3802 South Main Street, Farmville, NC)
- January 23, 2020 @ 10:30am — Historian and author, Roger Kammerer presentation including stories from his book, Forgotten Tales of North Carolina (held at the May Museum, 3802 South Main Street, Farmville, NC)
- February 13, 2020 @ 10:30am — Explore Cafe Madeleine and chat with Coleen Starling about opening a small business (Location changed to the May Museum, 3802 South Main Street, Farmville, NC)
- February 27, 2020 @ 10:30am — Hear Jerry Talton, avid decoy carver and recent winner of Garden and Gun’s Made in the South Awards, discuss shorebirds and his lifelong passion of decoy carving (held at 3762 W Wilson Street, Farmville, NC)
- March 12, 2020 @ 10am (new time) — Barbara Sauls storytelling (held at the library, 3466 N Walnut Street, Farmville, NC)
- March 26, 2020 @ 10:30am — “Let’s Talk Safety” with the Farmville Police Department (held at the library, 3466 N Walnut Street, Farmville, NC)
For more information, call the library at 252.753.3355 or the museum at 252.753.6725.
May Museum details may be found at farmvillenc.gov/departments/may-museum-park.
Ed. Note: Originally published January 10, 2020. Updated w/ revised dates, time, and a location.