The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market (ZFFM) will open as originally scheduled, with changes including added coronavirus safety precautions.
ZFFM will start with a Wednesday pop-up market, followed by a regular market Saturday, for which May Day activities have been canceled.
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 @ 5-8pm (Pop-Up Market)
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 @ 9am-1pm
Saturday markets will be held during the same hours each week.
The market has been moved downtown, for the time being, to the intersection of W Vance Street and N Arendell Avenue, Zebulon, North Carolina.
In its recent announcement, ZFFM outlined steps that will be taken to keep shoppers and vendors safe:
- The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has been moved, until further notice, to Downtown Zebulon to a location staff can easily monitor to provide a safe space for residents to shop for local products in a timely manner.
- Only essential businesses will be permitted to operate at the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market.
- Practice social distancing while visiting the Market and maintain 6 feet from one another.
- The market layout will prioritize space between vendor tents to allow plenty of space while waiting in line.
- To further promote social distancing, we are asking only one customer or family unit at a booth.
- The market will provide handwashing and sanitizing stations. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands on a regular basis.
- Special events and activities have been postponed until further notice. This includes kid’s activities, live music, food trucks, cooking demonstrations and special events.
- Vendors will be wiping down surfaces with disinfectant frequently.
- Vendors will not be sampling items.
- Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
- Allow your vendors to pick up and bag your purchases, please do not touch anything that you are not going to purchase.
- Many of our vendors offer no-touch payment options.
- SNAP/EBT will continue to be accepted and the Market Match Program will continue to match EBT purchases up to $25.00. Please visit the Market Information Booth during the market for more information.
- Many of our vendors are offering pre-ordering, curbside pickup, off-site pickup, and even home delivery.
- A new page to our website lists alternate options for purchasing from our vendors if you are unable to shop in person.
- Pre-order from vendors when possible, a parking area has been dedicated for pre-orders if you do not wish to leave your car.
- If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick.
- If you are an at-risk population (older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage minimize your exposure to people.
ZFFM began in the Spring of 2015, after receiving a grant from The John Rex Endowment to cover the first three years of market start-up. The market continued with town funding, starting with the 2018 season. Initially, the market was hosted at the Zebulon Community Center, moving to the Town Municipal Complex in 2016.