The programs listed below are scheduled at East Regional Library (ERL), 946 Steeple Square Court, Knightdale, North Carolina. Programs offered for all ages, with events for adult, teen, children, and families.
Library information is online at www.wakegov.com/libraries/locations/erl.
East Regional Library is part of the Wake County Public Libraries system. For events at other Wake County libraries, visit www.wakegov.com/libraries/events.
Looking for some good books? Fill out a brief form and our Adult Services Librarians will suggest eight to ten books for your reading pleasure. Available online to any WCPL patron (16 years or older).
An Intro to Mindfulness: Stress Less, One Mindful Moment at a Time
Saturday, January 11, 2020 @ 2-3pm
Learn how to manage your stress more effectively and support your well-being through simple mindfulness practices that you can apply to all areas of your busy life. Registration requested.
Wednesday, January 15, 2020 @ 1-2pm
Learn about the health benefits of Tai Chi and take a sample beginner’s class. Presented by the Taoist Tai Chi Society. Registration requested.
Monday, January 27, 2020 @ 6:30-7:30pm
Local author Alice Osborn will share writing tips about setting. Registration requested.
New youth programs are scheduled to start in January 2020. Here’s a preview:
Mon & Thu @ 11:30 am
Mon & Thu @ 9:30/10:30 am
Tue @ 10:30 am, Fri @ 9:30 am
Wed @ 9:30/10:30 am
Tue @ 9:30 am, Fri @ 10:30 am
Thursdays at 7pm (Pajamas and teddy bears are welcome)
Saturdays @ 9:30am
Teens @ the Library
Tuesdays @ 4:30pm
Wake Moves Together!
Sunday, January 26, 2020 @ 2-4pm
Everybody dance, Now! Join the movement with Wake County Public Libraries. Learn some simple dance moves, then at 2:15 all ages will hit the dance floor at 10 select libraries! Stay for games, movement activities and a drawing for two free entry tickets to Marbles. Families welcome, all ages are encouraged to attend.
Books with Brian featuring See Spot Read
Monday, January 6, 2020 @ 5:30-6:30pm
Children in grades K-5 and their families are invited to join us for literacy activities. Come practice your reading skills with the certified therapy dogs of the local Meetup group See Spot Read. Readers of all levels welcome. No registration required.
K-5th Super Special: Alice in Wonderland Party
Saturday, January 11, 2020 @ 3pm
Celebrate in Wonderland! Join us for a party with the White Rabbit, Alice and the Cheshire Cat. Don’t be late for this very important date!
K-5th Super Special: Chinese New Year!
Saturday, January 25, 2020 @ 3pm
It’s Chinese New Year 2020, and we’re having a lantern festival celebrating Year of the Rat! Join us for books, fun activity stations including candy sushi and make a paper lantern.
Discover Your World: Family Movies @ the Library
Sunday, January 12, 2020 @ 2pm
Feature presentation: Toy Story 4. Create your own Forky craft while watching an adventure with the whole Toy Story gang. In this new film, the friends embark on a road trip with Bonnie and a new toy named Forky on a reunion trip that leads them to their long-lost friend Bo Peep. Rated G — Run time 1 hour 40 minutes. Snacks provided.
Hooray for PreK: Sensational Snow
Thursday, January 16, 2020 @ 6pm
Preschoolers and their families are invited to join us at the library for an evening of winter wonderland fun with books, crafts and more!
ABC Craft and Learn: A Kindergarten Readiness Program
Saturdays @ 11:30am
A program that simulates a pre-school classroom and invites children and their caregivers to a program focusing on those pre-literacy and social skills necessary for a successful launch to kindergarten.
Ready, Set, School Marbles Community Playdate
Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 11:30am
Join Marbles Kids Museum at the library for family play to support kids ages 3-5 in getting ready for school.
- Monday, January 6, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Glow in the dark slime! We’re reading illuminating stories and crafting with glow in the dark paint.
- Monday, January 13, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Learn to sign with your hands with American Sign Language and read with your fingers in Braille. We’ll create art using Braille and paint.
- Monday, January 27, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Penguins! We’re celebrating National Penguin Day! Join us for a penguin party. We’ll have crafts and trivia.
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 @ 4:30pm — New Year Party! Celebrate the New Year 2020! Make your own party hat and noise maker and play games including New Year Bingo.
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Create Outside the Lines: Delicious Designs! Personalize a soup mug with colorful paint pens.
- Thursday, January 16, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Dare to Discover: Wigglebots! Back by popular demand! Make a wiggling, scribbling robotic wonder!
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Read Beyond the Book: Diary of a Wimpy Kid Build, wreck, repeat!
- Thursday, January 30, 2020 @ 4:30pm — Explore Without Limits: Valentines for Veterans Roses are red, violets are blue, make a card for a Veteran, and one for you too!
Teens @ the Library
This weekly program for teenagers is held on Tuesdays @ 4:30pm.
- January 7, 2020: Happy New Year! How do you celebrate the birth of a new year? Let’s share some black-eyed peas and sing “Auld Lang Syne” as we discover other traditional ways to bring in 2020!
- January 14, 2020: Do You Kondo? Marie Kondo, that is. Let’s find out more about her ideas on how we can spark joy in our lives by looking carefully at what physical things we truly treasure.
- January 21, 2020: Hack Your Ramen. Sure, we all love ramen, but did you know there are tons of ways to cook using that scratchy little noodle brick? Come and see what recipes you can discover as we hack our ramen!
- January 28, 2020: Feeling Puzzled? International Puzzle Day is January 29 – let’s honor this tradition by creating and solving some puzzles of our own!
Life Hacks @ the Library
(EFRA monthly teen program):
You Be the Judge!
Tuesday, January 28 @ 6 pm
Court has come to order, and it’s time for you to be the judge! Learn the skills you need to resolve conflicts and manage difficult situations.
TLC (teen volunteers): TLC Orientation
Friday, January 3, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m. or Tuesday, January 7, 2020 @ 6:00 p.m.
Join a group of committed teens who meet regularly with the teen librarian to work on leadership and service projects for the library and the community. Applications are available at the Youth Services Desk.
Source: East Regional Library