Cape Fear Museum of History and Science presents Museum After Dark, a memorable summer museum experience engaging visitors to share and connect over a common interest – food. Taste, experiment and learn at this interactive event where food meets culture on Thursday, July 19, 2018, 7-10pm.
Some of the event stations and activities for the evening include:
- Spherification – turn ordinary juice into edible jelly spheres
- Cricket chips – sample this protein rich snack
- Super tasting – test your taste buds and determine different levels of bitterness
- Animal versus plant taste test – try to tell the difference between jackfruit and pulled pork
- Food art – craft masterpieces with snacks and candy
- Wine slushy demonstration – sample a liquid nitrogen-infused frozen cocktail
- Pop Rocks – discover what makes this candy pop
- Make ice cream – work for dessert and churn ice cream
- Taste changing berries – sample berries that make lemons taste like sugar
Museum After Dark is an 18 and over event sponsored by Cape Fear Museum Associates. Food and adult beverages will be available for purchase and include Port City Que, A&M’s Red Food Truck and Bombers Bev Co.
Advance tickets for Museum After Dark are $6 for members and $8 for non-members. Tickets may be purchased at the Museum admission desk or http://bit.ly/MAD071918. On the event day, July 19, 2018, tickets may also be purchased at the door, $8 for members and $10 for non-members.
The Cape Fear Museum of History and Science is located at 814 Market Street, Wilmington, North Carolina. Museum information is online at www.capefearmuseum.com.
Source: Barbi Baker, New Hanover County