Friday Night on White returns to downtown Wake Forest this Friday, July 12, 2019, 6-9pm, with The Soul Psychedelique. The free outdoor concert will take place along South White Street in historic downtown Wake Forest, North Carolina.
At full size, The Soul Psychedelique (TSP) Orchestra features a three-six-piece horn section, a string quartet, full rhythm section and a disc jockey. Band leaders Wade Durham III and Johanna Boberg have decades of music industry experience ranging from major artist tours, to television appearances on the Tonight Show and Good Morning America to name a few. Also added to their impressive resume are countless private celebrity events for greats such as Oprah Winfrey and T. Boone Pickens. If variety is the spice of life, then TSP has the flavor to satisfy all entertainment appetites boasting an extensive music library that spans genres from the 1940’s Big Band sounds to Beach Music, R&B to Rock, Reggae, Latin and the best of today’s music.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase at several downtown restaurants. Plus, the following food and dessert trucks will be on site in the Depot Parking Lot, 110 S White Street, Wake Forest NC:
- The Bamboo Cookhouse
- Charlie’s Kabob Grill
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Kona Ice
- Lumpy’s Ice Cream
- Morfa Empanadas
- Stavi’s Sandwiches
- Succotash: Feisty Southern Fusion
- The VFW Chuckwagon
- Virgil’s Jamaica
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend Friday Night on White to know the following:
- No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during Friday Night on White, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
- All attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification and wear the provided identifying bracelet.
- Beer serving stations will be located at the western end of Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of Jones Avenue and South White Street; and in the vicinity of the South White Street and Wait Avenue intersection.
- Wine serving stations will be provided at the wine tents located near the intersection of Wait Avenue and South White Street.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary waters during each Friday Night on White concert. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit any of the three information tents for details.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50pm.
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30pm.
- Stay off the railroad tracks. Standing on or near the railroad tracks is trespassing.
- Anyone sharing their pictures on social media is encouraged to use #FNOW and #FridayNightonWhite.
Free parking will be available during each Friday Night on White at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and along several side streets and parking lots throughout downtown Wake Forest and beyond. Please note: some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot you are using. Private lots are intended for business patrons only. Public lots that are open to Friday Night on White attendees are clearly marked.
Friday Night on White commemorative T-shirts are available for purchase for $10 each. The T-shirts are available in dark gray and lime green in a variety of styles and sizes and can be purchased at the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., with cash, check or credit card. T-shirts will also be available for purchase with cash or check at the Information Tent during each Friday Night on White concert – while supplies last.
Volunteers are needed to perform a variety of duties during Friday Night on White. Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and will receive a volunteer T-shirt. For more information or to sign up, email Downtown Development Program Assistant Jennifer Herbert via email.
Android and iPhone users can have a handy pocket guide to Friday Night on White in the palm of their hands by downloading the Town of Wake Forest app and utilizing the app’s “Friday Night on White” function. Designed to offer smart phone users instant access to important details about this year’s outdoor music series, the function includes the complete 2018 concert schedule, the lineup of participating food and dessert trucks, parking information, weather updates and more.
In the event of inclement weather on the day of a concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4pm. Updated concert information will be posted on the Town’s website, Nextdoor site and Facebook page and available by calling the Wake Forest Weather Line at 919.435.9569. Smart phone users who have downloaded the Town’s app will also receive a push notification message concerning any schedule changes.
Due to the popularity of Friday Night on White, organizers make every effort to proceed with each concert as scheduled. However, when severe weather threatens, the safety of visitors, sponsors and performers is our first priority. As a result, decisions on whether to continue or cancel a concert are based entirely on the potential risks posed by inclement weather.
See the line-up at www.wakeforestnc.gov/…/friday-night-white. Future dates are August 9 and September 13, 2019.
Source: Bill Crabtree, Town of Wake Forest