Popular party band Crush will headline the one and only Friday Night on White (FNOW) of the year on Friday, September 10, 2021, 6-9pm. The free outdoor concert will be held along South White Street in historic downtown Wake Forest, North Carolina.
COVID-19 forced the cancellation of FNOW in 2020 and all but the September 10 concert in 2021. But now that pandemic-related capacity restrictions have been lifted, the Town of Wake Forest is pleased to present one of our community’s most popular outdoor events headlined by one of the southeast’s finest live bands. The Town expects to offer a full slate of FNOW concerts in 2022.
Food and refreshments will be available for purchase during the September 10 FNOW at several downtown restaurants. Plus, the following food and dessert trucks are expected to be on site:
- Bo’s Kitchen
- Charlie’s on Wheels
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Goodberry’s Frozen Custard
- Hale Yeah Kitchen
- Kona Ice
- Lawrence & Perry Barbeque
- Lumpy’s Ice Cream
- The Naked Empanada
- Southern Fried Lumpia Co.
- Stavi’s Sandwiches
- the VFW Chuck Wagon
- Virgil’s Jamaica
For complete information about FNOW, visit www.wakeforestnc.gov/meetings-events/friday-night-white.
Event organizers urge anyone planning to attend FNOW to know the following:
Beer & Wine Sales
- No outside alcohol or coolers are permitted during FNOW, but beer, wine, soft drinks and water will be available for purchase within the festival area.
- Attendees wishing to purchase beer and wine will be required to present age identification at any of the three entry tents and wear the provided age verification wristband.
- Beer and wine vendors will manage their own sales, so no universal token will be available for purchase.
- Several beer serving stations will be situated throughout the festival area, including the western end of East Owen Avenue, adjacent to B&W Hardware; at the intersection of East Owen and South Brooks Street; at the intersection of East Jones Avenue and South White Street; and in the vicinity of the South White and Wait Avenue intersection.
- Wine serving stations will be located on East Owen Avenue and near the intersection of Wait Avenue and South White Street.
- Designated drivers will be eligible to receive two complimentary waters during FNOW. To be eligible, you must be at least 21-years-old with a valid driver’s license. Visit the Police and Fire Explorers’ tent in the Depot Parking Lot for details.
- The last call for outside beer and wine is 8:50pm
- Festivities end along South White Street at 9:30pm
Stay Off the Railroad Tracks
- Standing on or near the railroad tracks is trespassing.
- Anyone sharing their pictures on social media is encouraged to use #FNOW and #FridayNightonWhite.
Uber & Lyft
- Anyone planning to use Uber or Lyft is encouraged to set the Wake Forest Town Hall, 301 S. Brooks St., as the destination and pickup location.
- Free parking will be available at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and along several side streets and parking lots throughout downtown Wake Forest and beyond. Please note: some parking lots may appear to be public, when in fact they are private. Read all signage in the parking lot to determine what type of lot you are using. Private lots are intended for business patrons only. Public lots that are open to FNOW attendees are clearly marked.
- In the event of inclement weather on the day of a concert, a decision on whether to proceed will be made no later than 4pm. Updated concert information will be posted on the Town website, Nextdoor site, and Facebook page. Smart phone users who have downloaded the Town app will also receive a push notification message concerning any schedule changes.Note: Due to the popularity of FNOW, organizers will make every effort to proceed with the concert as scheduled. However, when severe weather threatens, the safety of visitors, sponsors, and performers is our chief priority. As a result, decisions on whether to continue or cancel a concert are based entirely on the potential risks posed by inclement weather.
Sponsors’ contributions help defray the cost of producing FNOW by offsetting a variety of event expenses, including performers’ fees, private event staff outlays and stage rentals — just to name a few.
The following sponsors have generously contributed to FNOW:
- White Street Brewing Company
- Gladwell Orthodontics
- McPherson Family Eye Care
- Mitchell Heating & Cooling
- Orangetheory Fitness Wake Forest
- Wegmans Food Market
- Wells Family Dental Group
- Elemental Acupuncture & Wellness Center
- Sole Dimensions
- Capital Powersports
- Capital Chevrolet–Sales
- Capital Chevrolet– Service & Parts
- Capital Chevrolet–Commercial
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy
- NuImage Surgical & Dental Implant Center
- Wake Forest Federal
- Burn Boot Camp
- Rhino Roofing
- Birkner Insurance
- Fidelity Bank
- Ting Fiber Internet
- Circa Magazine
- Triangle Family Dentistry
- Grillbillies BBQ
- Coastal Credit Union
- Carolina Regenerative Health
Source: Bill Crabtree, Town of Wake Forest