The Town of Wake Forest and the Wake Forest Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources Department want you to stay safe during the current COVID-19 pandemic by following Wake County, North Carolina’s stay at home order. But while you’re indoors, there’s no reason you can’t explore your fun and creative side. That’s why Wake Forest is introducing a fun-filled week that invites you to show off your imagination and creativity — all from the safety and comfort of your own home. During the week of April 6, 2020, all Wake Forest families are invited to participate in our first-ever “#StayStrongWF Spirit Week.” The concept is simple, participation is free, and it might just help you avoid going stir crazy!
Each day of Spirit Week is devoted to a different theme:
- Monday, April 6 – Hero Day: Let’s give our heroes some well-deserved love! From superheroes to neighborhood heroes, dress up like your favorite hospital/medical worker, first responder, grocery store employee, essential personnel or superhero. Don’t forget your cape!
- Tuesday, April 7 – Crazy Hair Day: Let’s show our hair stylists and barbers how much we miss them and the incredible services they provide! Send us your crazy hair photos, untouched roots, bed head or just wild hair do’s…we want to see them all.
- Wednesday, April 8 – Build a Fort Day: This is the day we celebrate the art of camping indoors and out. Show us your best fort, complete with pillows, Grandma’s quilt, you name it — we want to see it!
- Thursday, April 9 – School Spirit Day: Everyone is missing school, right parents? Let’s recognize our schools, teachers and administrators who love us and work hard to help us succeed. Send us your photos dressed in your school gear and school colors or dressed up like your school mascot or whatever else makes you proud of your school. Be creative!
- Friday, April 10 – Spring Fever Day: Spring has sprung and we want to see how you’re celebrating! Wear pastel colors, dye eggs, or do some gardening or spring cleaning! Show us how you’re embracing this beloved season!
Each day that you participate in #StayStrongWF, share your photos through the online form on the town’s website at bit.ly/WFSpiritWeek. Then, at the end of each day of Spirit Week, check out the post on the Town of Wake Forest Facebook page with all the pictures received that day and uploaded to an online photo gallery. Or, post your pictures on social media and use the hashtag #StayStrongWF.
Each day the Town of Wake Forest will announce on Facebook one winner who will receive a special prize.
Finally, remember that we’re all in this together, so we all have an important role to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our community. Do your part by practicing these health and safety guidelines:
- Stay home (except for extremely limited circumstances)
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Avoid touching your face
- Keep distance between yourself and others
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that get touched often
Source: Bill Crabtree, Town of Wake Forest (North Carolina)