By Maria VanderKolk, arvada.org
Let’s go fly a kite! The whole family will enjoy this fun, free event celebrating the artistry of kite flying.
The 16th Annual Arvada Kite Festival is April 2, 2017. The festival begins at 10am and runs until 3pm. The location is the Stenger Sports Complex at W 58th Avenue and Quail Street, Arvada, Colorado.
The Kite Festival includes the following activities:
- Kite flying! Bring a kite or purchase one at the event.
- Kids Zone by Fit2beKids. Children ages 3-18 can compete in a speed and agility camp with fun interactive games, fitness challenges, and nutrition awareness.
- Jumping castles, face painters, balloon artists, hamster balls and more.
- Professional kite flying! Exhibits by professional kite flyers.
- Booths! Many community and general vendors offering consumer goods and services and plenty of great food vendors.
The Stenger Soccer Complex offers plentiful free parking, but biking and walking to the event is encouraged.
The annual Kite Festival is produced by the City of Arvada Festivals Commission. For more information visit www.arvadafestivals.com or call 720.898.7403.
Kite Making Classes at Majestic View Nature Center
The City of Arvada’s Majestic View Nature Center is offering kite-making classes for children ages 4 – 10 in advance of the Festival.
- Friday, March 31, 2017, 4-5pm.
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 9, 10, and 11am and 1 and 2pm
The class costs $5 per person and includes all materials. Advance registration is required; call 720.898.7405. The Nature Center is located at 7030 Garrison Street, Arvada CO. See more on their Facebook page here.