New Hanover County (NHC) Board of Commissioners Chairman Woody White is convening a School Safety Roundtable on Thursday, March 1, 2018 from 12:30 to 2pm, to discuss the safety of New Hanover County Schools (NHCS).
The meeting will take place in the Lucie Harrell Conference Room of the NHC Government Center, 230 Government Center Drive, Wilmington NC.
Confirmed to participate in the roundtable:
- NHC Sheriff Ed McMahon
- NHCS Board of Education Chair Ed Higgins
- NHCS Superintendent Dr. Tim Markley
- Chief District Court Judge J. H. Corpening
- County Manager Chris Coudriet
- Community Justice Services Director Kathy Stoute
- Public Health Director Phillip Tarte
- Assistant Director of Social Work Services Wanda Marino
The purpose of the roundtable is to discuss the current plan for school safety, how the county’s mental health resources are being integrated across schools, and what opportunities for improvement or policy gaps exist that need to be addressed.
The full meeting will be shown live on NHCTV on-air. NHCTV maybe viewed throughout New Hanover County on Spectrum Time Warner channels 13 or 192. Spectrum Charter customers may view NHCTV on channel 192.
The roundtable meeting is not a public hearing, but will be open for the media and public to observe.
Source: Jessica Loeper, New Hanover County NC