The Nash County Farmers Market’s Opening Day will be held as planned. Come and pick up essential foods and other goods at the 2020 farmers market on Saturday, April 4, 2020, 8am-1pm.
According to market manager Maurine Brown:
“We are following the recommendations from NCSU Food Safety for Farmers Markets.
“According to guidance from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, farmers markets fall under the same classification as grocery stores and are considered an important source of food for local communities.”
The precautions being taken include:
- Hand washing stations will be available throughout the market.
- All vendors will be spaced apart to allow for social distancing.
- Concession stand, sampling and onsite food and drink consumption has been suspended.
- On-site dining spaces have been eliminated.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of market equipment.
All market visitors and vendors need to follow the NC Governor’s mandate and stay six feet apart. For everyone’s safety, avoid touching items unless purchasing them, and stay home if you’re ill or have been exposed to coronavirus.
The market is located at 1006 Peachtree Street, Rocky Mount, NC. Read more about the Nash County Farmers Market in the Rocky Mount Mills Historic District at nash.ces.ncsu.edu/farmers-market-rocky-mount.
Opening Day Vendors
Here are the vendors and products planned for the market Opening Day. Many of the vendors will be offering pre-ordering, farm or off-site pickup, and even delivery service. During the market hours, curbside pickup will also be an option. Vendor contact information is included below for those wishing to make arrangements.
- 3 Stars Kettle Corn — 252.299.1142
- Baker Farm of Sandy Cross — 252.904.6180
- Big B’s Farmstead — 252.903.1094
- Cackalacky Coffee — 252-908-3462
- Farm 1837 — 252.822.2502
- Farm To Table — 252.903.0306
- FUBAR Farms — 910.599.0704
- Grandma G’s Soaps and Such — 252.544.2565
- Grow Happy Farms — 252.904.8809
- H & R Produce — 252.236.8291
- HS Howell Farms — 919.868.1391
- Magie’s Baked Goods — 252-299-1142
- Mama Jeans — 252.904.1055
- McNeeley’s Produce — 252.452.8696
- OMGoodness Pimento Cheese — 252.289.9809
- Ooh La La Skin Care — 407.476.7717
- Rob’s Fresh Produce — 919.868.1391
- Sandra’s Garden — 252.908.7226
- Scoopy Dippy Doo Homemade Ice Cream — 252.883.7299
- SunBurst Tomatoes — 252.904.4177
- Tar River Microfarm — 252.567.8545
- Twin Oak Farms — 252.566.2760
- Washington Crab & Oyster Co. — 252.946.5796
- White Oak Bloomers — 252.908.4152
- Wrenn’s Farm — 919.630.0631
Visit nash.ces.ncsu.edu/2020/03/farmersmarket-open to see what each vendor offers and view more contact details.
Ed. Note: Thank you to Maria Garcia of 3 Stars Kettle Corn for reaching out and providing vendor Opening Day details.