It’s back! The food truck rodeo with taco competition and more returns to Knightdale, North Carolina. Tacopalooza 2018 is scheduled for Sunday, August 19, 2018, noon-4pm.
This second-annual event is organized by the RDU Mobile Food Association (RDUMFA). Food trucks will gather at Knightdale Station Park, 810 N First Avenue, Knightdale NC. Parking and entry are free.
More than a dozen taco trucks will be there, providing a chance to taste tacos from around the Triangle. Food trucks will compete for best taco themed dish. There will also be a “People’s Choice” taco competition. You can eat and vote, from noon to 3pm, when the votes will be counted and the winner announced.
Food Trucks expected include:
- Medley — Menu changes weekly, with options including Specialty Medleys, Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese Medleys, and more. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- Holy Mole — Enchiladas with options including mole, verdes, and more. See Facebook page here.
- La Republica Food Truck — Link TBD.
- El Rey del Taco — Tacos and tortas with a variety of meats including asada, carnitas, and more. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- Qspresso Food Truck — Tortas, empanadas, yuca frita, maduros, papa rellena tacos, and more. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- Bandido’s Mexican Cafe — Restaurant’s food truck offers a variety of Mexican dishes. See website here and Facebook page here.
- Boricua Soul Food Truck — Southern soul and Caribbean foods including empanadas, sandwiches, various sides, and desserts. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- Las Gringas Tacos — Latin American, Mexican, and Spanish choices. See Facebook page here.
- Poblanos Tacos and More — Tacos, quesadillas, bowls, and nachos; some vegetarian and gluten-free options. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- The 13th Taco — “Taco-Fusion” flavors from around the world. See website here and Facebook page here.
- Succotash Durham — Fast Southern Fusion Cuisine, some spicy. See Facebook page here.
- Hot Chix Hotcakes And Chicken — Hotcakes “taco shells”, fried chicken strips, gourmet sauces, and tater tots. See website here and Facebook page here.
- JAM Ice Cream — Ice cream, milkshakes, Mexican cocoa, and many dessert options. See menu here and Facebook page here.
- Cocoa Forte — Chocolate dipped cheesecake; perfect after spicy foods; perfect any time. See website here and Facebook page here.
Beer will be available from Vecino Brewing Co.
Schedule of events:
- 11am: Judging for Best Taco Themed Dish & then the winner announced
- 1pm: First drawing for free gifts
- 1pm: Taco eating contest (How many tacos can you eat in 3 minutes?)
- 2pm: Piñata bust for kids
- 3pm: People’s Choice Winner announced
- 3pm: Last drawing for free gifts
Trucks will be submitting entries for the Best Salsa Contest throughout the day, with the salsa winner also announced at 3pm.
Arts and craft vendors will be at Tacopalooza all day.
To see photos from last year’s Tacopalooza in Knightdale, see the Discussion on the 2017 event page.
Source: RDU Mobile Food Association