Get ready for the 15th-annual Historical Ghost Walk in Smithfield, North Carolina. Organized by the Johnston County Heritage Center, the walk leads through Riverside Cemetery.
This year’s walk is Thursday, October 24, 2019, 6:30-8:30pm, with the tour beginning next to St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 218 S 2nd Street, Smithfield, NC.
Tickets may be purchased upon arrival at the event. Adult admission is $5, student admission is $3, and children 6 and under are free. Cash or check can be accepted for ticket purchases. No card payments and no advance sales available.
The spirited characters to be “brought to life” by actors positioned throughout the cemetery include:
- Sarah Stallings, a founder of Clayton, NC — Portrayed by Rep. Donna M. White
- Polly Alford, a 19th century Smithfield, NC restaurateur — Portrayed by Sequilla Arita
- Robert F. Smith, a pioneer businessman and bicyclist — Portrayed by Matt Dean
- Ensign Edwin S. Pou, a World War I flying ace — Portrayed by Bennett Chapman
- Lt. Hardy Donnell Narron, a World War II bomber pilot — Portrayed by Dylan Atwood
Said event chairman Matt Dean:
“This is a fun educational event for all ages that a lot of people look forward to. It’s a great way for families to learn about interesting people who are part of the Johnston County story.”
After Riverside Cemetery, tourists will be led to Hastings House (200 S Front Street, Smithfield, NC) for refreshments.
With questions, contact the Johnston County Heritage Center at 919.934.2836. Follow them on Facebook for updates at www.facebook.com/jocoheritage.