Released by Megan Thornton, knightdalenc.gov
Interested in sponsoring a Knightdale event? Email for more information.
The Town of Knightdale is online at KnightdaleNC.gov.
Soar into Summer Movie Night Series
Movies are shown at the Knightdale Station Park Amphitheater, 810 North First Avenue, in Knightdale NC. This event is free and open to all. Bring a blanket and/or chairs for your comfort.
Soar into Summer with these Spring 2016 movies, starting at dusk on each date:
- May 13, 2016 – Rio 1
- June 10, 2016 – Home
- June 24, 2016 – Independence Day
PTA groups from local elementary schools will be running the concession stand. The May concessions supports Forestville Road Elementary School PTA, and the June concessions support the Hodge Road Elementary School PTA.
Alongside the movie are vendors including Usborne Books, Bee Bee Kidz, Dusty Donuts (May 13 and June 24), C&J Funnel Cakes (June 10), and Jay’s Italian Ice (May 13, June 10, and June 24).
Read information about the Movie Night Series.
Community Appreciation Night
Grab dinner at Zaxby’s while visiting with community groups and participating in activities.
The Zaxby’s Community Appreciation Night is May 16, 2016, 4-8pm. Zaxby’s will be donating a percentage of sales to the Town of Knightdale.
The 2016 Farmers Market is open May 2016 through October 8, 2016, with vendors, weekly themes, and a featured food truck. Market hours are 10a-2p at Knightdale Station Park Amphitheater, 812 N First Avenue, Knightdale NC.
Information on the market, kids corner, live music, and other activities are on the town’s farmers market web page.
Daddy Daughter Dance
Celebrate in style at the town’s annual Daddy Daughter Dance. Limo rides, photos, music and more. Registration is open for this June 17, 2016, event.
This special night for fathers and daughters to spend together is always held the Friday before Father’s Day. A photographer is on hand to capture a special photo for that special night, dinner is served, and a DJ is “on tap.”
The 2016 Daddy Daughter Dance runs 6-9pm at the Knightdale Recreation Center, with a limo ride “from your parking space to the entrance of the dance.”
The event is $25 per couple and $5 for each additional daughter. Registrations for this event can be made at Town Hall, 950 Steeple Square Court in Knightdale, or online.
The Daddy Daughter Dance is hosted by Knightdale Parks, Recreation & Cultural Programs and sponsored by Zaxby’s of Knightdale.
Save the Date for our third year of Fourth of July celebrations. The festival is schedule for July 4, 2016, from 5pm until the after-dark Fireworks. Join in on the fun with The Embers, food trucks, family activities, and — of course — the fireworks!
Paid Classes and Camps
- Knightdale Community Pool opens May 28, 2016 — Memorial Day weekend. Day passes are $4 or less; summer passes $100 or less.Registration is open for Swim Lessons, to be held at the Knightdale Community Pool, which is located in the Green Pines subdivision, 202 Milburnie Road, Knightdale NC.
- The CPR/First Aid course is scheduled for June 11, 2016, 9am-3pm, at the town’s Harper Park Building. Registrations are open for those who need or want to learn CPR and First Aid. The cost is $55 per person. Bring a laptop, iPad, or other electronic device to view the participant manual during the course. Registrations can be made by contacting Chris Roland, calling the front desk at 919.217.2232, or registering online.
- Register a child now for Summer Camp. The town is offering a variety of Summer Camps for 2016, for camps running June 20-August 19, 2016. Online payments may be made for summer camps. New activities for 2016 include Raleigh Little Theatre and Young Rembrandts.
- The Town of Knightdale also offer a variety of classes and programs, with options listed on the linked page.