For one evening only, shop local goods and meet local artisans, crafters, and business owners at The RTP Mistletoe Market. On Thursday, December 13, 2018, 4-7pm, join the fun and get your holiday shopping done at The Frontier, 800 Park Offices Drive, Research Triangle Park NC. The market will feature 50 area vendors, offering goods for sale during a Happy Hour with complimentary beer, wine, and water.
This fourth-annual market highlights #ShopLocal with vendors from around the the Triangle. Vendors are listed loosely by category below… Note that vendors may offer goods in multiple categories but are listed once.
Artisans Offering Classes + Gifts for Sale:
- Adventures in Bloom — Ready-to-wear jewelry creations and “Hammer-It-Yourself” classes
- Project 366 — Art classes to inspire innovative choices in STEM
- Unpredictable Jewelry — Maker of unique metal-based jewelry, also offering jewelry-making classes in Cary
Arts and Crafts Vendors:
- Black Dog Crafts — Handmade wood signs, inspirational messages, decorative items, and personalized gifts
- Carte Terra Designs — Artist creating works from reusable materials, out of concern for the planet
- CR2f — Meaningful wall art, personalized art prints, and gifts designed uniquely for the recipient
- Doora Ceramics — “Your Story in Clay”
- Karen Casey Fused Glass Designs — Artistic home art pieces and decor, plus jewelry and hair adornments made of dichroic and other fusible glasses
- Lauren Sumner Pottery — Pottery maker offering Monstera leaves creations, air plant holders, pet-themed gifts, and custom ornaments
- Papermill Creative — “Art and gifts made by two North Carolina librarians” including art prints and greeting cards
- Pens and Stitches — Custom illustration (coloring books, pop art) and needlepoint creations
- Pink Moon Ceramics — Creators of “Modern handmade pottery and porcelain jewelry”
- SKP Ink — Hand-drawn creations for your enjoyment or gift-giving, including “Bad Jokes for Good People”
- The Tockery — Custom laser-cut and engraved boxes, board game inserts, beverage containers, and more
- Serve with Verve — Hand crafted, one-of-a-kind serving utensils, coffee scoops, and “Flatware with Flair”
- Simply Scarves
- Wazz Publishing — Customized artwork, tapestries, t-shirts, home decor, and more (business services too)
- Your Door & More — creative artist that specializes in pen and ink illustrations of homes/buildings which may be printed on note cards, gifts, and more
Textiles, Home Goods, Knits and Apparel:
- Afternoon Owl Designs — Just in time for cool weather, Modern and Cozy Handmade Knitwear
- Crystal Squirrel — Upcycled/repurposed items, including unique mittens, scarves, and more (just in time for winter)
- DBMM — Custom made handbags and more, with unique colors and prints
- Foxy Creations — Variety of apparel options and creations
- Katherine Hanes — Durham-based maker of block print textiles and tablecloths
- MILA — – Raleigh-based maker of hand-crafted home goods using block printing on natural fabrics
- Natty Neckware — Maker of lapel pins, squares, neckties, bowties, and more
- Popli — Unique handmade creations and apparel from Colombia
Handmade Jewelry Vendors:
- Be Like Missy — Rolesville NC vendor offering handmade jewelry from NC, materials including leather, cork, and more; some pet-themed jewelry
- Brazilian Golden Grass — unique jewelry and home decor using woven, naturally golden grass
- Designs by Little Tree — Artistic jewelry, hair accessories, and other pieces; custom creations service
- Fantastical Menagerie — “Jewelry and Accessories for the Slightly Askew” (aka, super unique)
- Feather and Stone — Handmade jewelry including rings, chokers, leather lariats, body chains, and more
- On Holiday Jewels — NC maker of “chic and accessible demi-fine jewelry”
- Windblown Jewelry — Raleigh-based maker of hand-sawed, soldered, textured, and forged brass and gold jewelry inspired by simple lines and shapes
Pet Oriented Vendors:
- Animals Connect Us — Founded by author, educator, speaker and animal devotee; focus on companion animal loss, the human-animal bond
- Binky and Bell — “Original Cartoon Dog Art Helping Homeless Pets”
- Bumble & Hound — Handmade luxury dog scarves and accessories, with a percentage of proceeds supporting local rescues
- Carolina Biscuit Company — Dog bakery specializing in dog treats free of undesirable ingredients
- Wicks For Wags — Maker of chemical-free, clean-burning soy candles; sales help support animals in need
Food, Body Product, and Miscellaneous Vendors:
- Cottage Lane Kitchen — Chapel Hill-based family relish makers, growing their own ingredients
- Lo & Behold Naturals — 100% natural body care products, handmade in small batches in Durham NC
- Kathy Kane Bayard
- Scarlett Ink — Photographer and writer offering a “documentary eye” for individuals and businesses
- skull+handlebar — NC-based maker of gentlemen’s grooming products
- The Grey Area News — Eastern NC news site and local-goods fans
- The Qi Garden — Locally made scented, detergent-free soaps in eye-catching designs
- Tom & Jenny’s Candy — Sugar-free caramels created by a dentist and a James Beard Award winner
- WorldWicks Candles — Creator of small-batch, aromatic candles embodying scents of NC or favorite universities
Entertainment will be provided by The Victorian Carolers from 5pm to 6:30pm to set the holiday mood in The RTP Mistletoe Market.
Several raffles will be held throughout the evening. Items from the market’s vendors will make up the prizes.
Market organizers will have complimentary ecofriendly bags on hand for shoppers to carry their purchases.
The RTP Mistletoe Market will be giving back to the community by donating a portion of the profits (15% or more) to Code The Dream, a Durham-based nonprofit that provides tech education to young people from minority and immigrant backgrounds.
See market event details at www.rtp.org/event/the-rtp-mistletoe-market.
Source: The Research Triangle Park and The Frontier
Ed. Note: Stop by and visit The Grey Area News at our vendor spot in The RTP Mistletoe Market. We will be touting #ReadLocal, books as gifts, and handing out information on Eastern North Carolina authors and NC-written books.