By Kay Whatley, Editor
When The Grey Area was a printed newspaper, sometimes we included a feature called “Something to Clip for your ‘Fridge.” It was often tips or contact numbers for area businesses.
This article is online, not a newspaper clipping, but it may be a good listing to print and keep handy if you have pets in the house. It is a list of emergency veterinarians in case your pets need quick help.
Note that in addition to the Emergency Care locations listed here, some veterinarians will accept after-hours calls from existing clients for pet-patients. Check with your vet, before you need it, to find out if they offer emergency care.
Emergency Vet Care
Wilson NC — Eastern Carolina Veterinary Emergency Treatment Service (EC Vets), 4935 Raleigh Road Parkway West, Wilson, NC, 252.265.9920 — According to their website, they are open weeknights (overnight) 6pm-8am and weekends/holidays 24 hours — ecvpetcare.com
Knightdale NC — Wake Vet Urgent Care, 1007 Tandal Place, Knightdale NC — 919.266.9852 — After Hours 919.266.1458 — wakevetandurgentcare.com/emergency-care
Raleigh NC — NC State Veterinary Hospital — Small Animal Emergency and Critical Care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at the Small Animal Emergency clinic Raleigh NC. Have a pet evaluated by emergency service, if your veterinarian is not available — 919.513.6911 — cvm.ncsu.edu/nc-state-vet-hospital/small-animal/emergency
Raleigh NC — Animal Emergency Hospital and Urgent Care — 919.781.5145 — 409 Vick Avenue, Raleigh, NC (corner of Glenwood Avenue & Vick Avenue near Crabtree Valley Mall) — www.ervets4pets.com
Raleigh NC — Quail Corners Animal Hospital, 1613 E Millbrook Road, Raleigh, NC — 919.600.7526 — Office hours plus emergency 24/7 services — www.quailcornersanimalhospital.com
Holly Springs NC — Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital of Holly Springs — Open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year to meet your emergency needs. At 2120 Werrington Dr, Suite 201, Holly Springs NC — 919.973.5620 — www.tvrhhollysprings.com/emergency
Durham NC — Triangle Veterinary Referral Hospital of Durham, 919.489.0615 — www.trianglevrh.com
Jacksonville NC — Coastal Veterinary Emergency Clinic — 28B Office Park Drive, Jacksonville NC — emergency 910.455.3838 — www.coastalvetemergencyclinic.com/default.html
Wilmington NC — Animal Emergency & Trauma Hospital of Wilmington (AETH) — 50 Greenville Avenue, Wilmington NC — 910.791.7387 (PETS) — www.ecvetreferral.com/emergency
Washington NC — Pamlico Animal Hospital — 3005 John Small Avenue, Washington NC — 252.946.2834 — pamlicoanimalhospital.com
Havelock NC — Emergency Pet Hospital — 1301-A East Main Street, Havelock NC — 252.444.1399 — www.theemergencypethospital.com
Fayetteville NC — Animal Urgent Care of Fayetteville — 3635 Sycamore Dairy Road, Fayetteville NC — 910.864.2844 — aucpetcare.com
- Small Animal Emergency Services — Vass NC — Serving Southern Pines, Aberdeen, Vass, and Pinehurst, as well as, the surrounding counties of Montgomery, Hoke and Lee — 910.944.0405 — dogcat-er.com
- Guilford College Animal Hospital’s After Hours Veterinary Emergency Clinic — Serves Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point and Burlington — 336.851.1990 — www.ahvec.com
- Regional Emergency Animal Care Hospital (REACH) — Asheville NC — 828.665.4399 — www.reachvet.com
- Animal Emergency Clinic of High Country, PLLC — Boone NC — 828.268.2833 — boonevet.squarespace.com
- Veterinary Referral Hospital of Hickory — Hickory NC — 828.328.6697 — www.vrhoh.com/Emergency-Service.php
Western Carolina Regional Animal Hospital & Veterinary Emergency Hospital — Flat Rock (Henderson County) NC — 828.697.7767 — www.wcrah.com
- Cabarrus Emergency Veterinary Clinic — Kannapolis NC — 704.932.1182 — cabarrusevc.com
- Animal Medical Hospital — Charlotte NC — 704.334.4684 — www.animalmedical.net
- Carolina Veterinary Specialists — locations in Charlotte, Greensboro, Huntersville, Matthews, and Winston-Salem — www.carolinavet.com/emergency
- Long Animal Hospital — Serves Charlotte and surrounding area — 704.523.2996 — www.longanimal.com/veterinary-emergencies
Ed. Note: This list has been compiled in Spring 2017 and is not expected to be updated. If printing this, check in advance which location(s) is nearest you and confirm with them that they are offering emergency services for your pet(s).