The North Carolina Agricultural Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund will hold five workshops across the state for local government and nonprofit staff involved in protecting their communities’ agricultural lands and administering their local Voluntary Agricultural District programs.
The Voluntary Agricultural District training workshops are for county leadership, Soil and Water Conservation districts, N.C. Cooperative Extension, the NC Forest Service, tax assessors, planning departments, register of deeds, land trusts, and other local and nonprofit staff.
Workshops will be held from 9:30am to 3:30pm on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 1, 2018 — Alamance County Ag Center, 209 N Graham Hopedale Road, Burlington NC
- Tuesday, May 8, 2018 — East Carolina Agriculture & Education Center, 1175 Kingsboro Road, Rocky Mount NC
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 — Burke County Ag Center, 130 Ammons Drive, Morganton NC
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 — Johnston County Ag Center, 2736 NC-210, Smithfield NC
- Thursday, May 31, 2018 — Southwestern Community College, 447 College Drive, Sylva NC
The workshops are free and open to the public, but registration is required. Interested participants may view the agenda and register here.
For more information, visit www.ncadfp.org.
The workshops are hosted by the ADFP Trust Fund, with help from the NC Forest Service, Division of Soil and Water Conservation, NC State University, NC Department of Transportation, NC Department of Environmental Quality, NC State Grange, and the NC Farm Bureau.
Source: Dewitt Hardee, NCDA&CS Farmland Preservation