Nashville, North Carolina may be best known for their Mother’s Day Blooming Festival and Nash Arts theatre productions. There’s more to this Nash County town, though, including its annual free concerts and free movies, designed to be family friendly.
Below are free events organized by the Town of Nashville Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources (PRC) Department.
To see a full list of town offerings, check out the calendar on the town’s newly re-designed website, www.townofnashville.com.
Creekside Music Series
This music series invites people to pull up a blanket or chair and listen to live, local musicians. The Creekside Music Series is held at Stoney Creek Environmental Park, 455 W Washington Street, Nashville NC.
From March to October, a variety of bands play live in the park at these family-friendly concerts. Music begins at 6:30pm, with events wrapping up at 8:30pm. The upcoming 2018 dates are:
- Friday, April 27, 2018 — Music by the Balter Brothers
- Friday, September 21, 2018 — Music by Alexa Rose
- Friday, October 19, 2018 — Music by Pat “Mother” Blues
Drinks and food will be available for purchase. Koi Pond will be on-site offering their local craft brews. The Wingskis will be providing “eats” on October 19.
This free-concerts project was supported by the NC Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural & Cultural Resources, online at www.NCArts.org.
Movie Under the Stars
Enjoy movies outside on four hopefully-cool evenings. A temporary movie screen will be set up in the movie location — which changes for each event. Bring a blanket and chair and enjoy the movie.
Free movies begin at dusk; start times vary as noted.
- Saturday, April 21, 2018 @ 7:50-9:50pm — Stoney Creek Environmental Park, 455 W Washington Street, Nashville NC
- Saturday, May 19, 2018 @ 8:15-10:15pm — J. W. Glover Memorial Park, 174 JW Glover Memorial Park Drive, Nashville NC
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 @ 7:20-9:20pm — J. W. Glover Memorial Park, 174 JW Glover Memorial Park Drive, Nashville NC
- Friday, October 26, 2018 @ 6:45-8:45pm — H. D. Cooley Library, 114 West Washington Street, Nashville NC
To see movie titles, see the PRC calendar online.
Source: Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Dept., Town of Nashville NC. With thanks to Marguerite Bishop for assistance.