Local sellers of handmade goods, homemade foods, crafts, and farms found an outlet this past Saturday at two town holiday markets. Both Zebulon and Bailey NC held downtown outdoor vendor events on December 2, 2017.
Zebulon Pop-Up Vendor Market
On Saturday, December 2, 2017, the Zebulon (NC) Chamber of Commerce held an outdoor pop-up vendor market and provided a stage with entertainment all day. The market lined Sycamore Street at Arendell Avenue, spilling into an adjacent parking lot. Shopping was made easy by free canvas bags handed out by Chamber representatives.
Local crafters, producers, farmers, small businesses, and entrepreneurs participating in the market included:
- Baxter’s Bees (link)
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors (link)
- Clay Creations and Gifts (link)
- Concretions by Nola Adkins Bohl (email)
- Conveniently Yours (link)
- Damsel In Defense (link)
- Gravel Monkey Geodes, LLC. (link)
- Heavenly Hope Candles (link)
- LimeLight by Lynsie Wokasch (link)
- Martha’s Kitchen (link)
- Mary Kay Cosmetics by Jennifer Thompson (link)
- Miriam’s Song
- Morgan’s Monogram Creations (link)
- Oak Ridge Farms (link)
- Purified Auras (link)
- Jerry Redi, Wood Carving Artist
- Rob’s Fresh Produce of Bailey NC
- Simple Soap and Balm (link)
- Sprout’s Gifts and Botanicals (link)
These small businesses depend on community support for their survival. Just because you missed the events on Saturday doesn’t mean you’re stuck shopping at a big-box store! Contact the vendors (links provided above where available) to make purchases directly.
Saturday’s food vendors included:
- Wakefield Central Baptist Church (link)
- Brown Bag Bagel Food Truck (link)
- Las Gringos Taco Food Truck
- Arthur’s Funnel Cakes and More
- Krispy Kreme
- Gam’s Goodies of Middlesex NC
Organizations participated, too, handing out literature during the pop-up vendor market. The groups included:
- Concerned Bikers Association (link)
- Farmer’s FoodShare
- Zebulon Downtown Arts Council (link)
- Zebulon Farm Fresh Market (link)
- Zebulon United Methodist Church (link)
Zebulon UMC — like several other vendors — sold raffle tickets. The Zebulon Chamber also held a raffle, with vendors providing entry tickets to each shopper purchasing from them. The Chamber Raffle winner was drawn later in the day during the tree lighting.
The vendor market was tied in with another town holiday event to take advantage of the crowd already gathered for the vendor market. The Christmas Tree Lighting and Caroling on Saturday evening. The tree was located next to the stage, at the front of Dallas Pearce Realty.
Bailey Christmas Bazaar and Parade
On Saturday, December 2, 2017, vendors set up along Main Street in Bailey NC. The Christmas Bazaar included vendors and activities too. Activities included a clown, face painting, Santa, plus food, games, and music.
Christmas Bazaar vendors offered jewelry, clothing, holiday gifts, handmade goods, and more. Organizations including Mt. Carmel AME Church of Bailey participated in the Bazaar, handing out information and treats to shoppers going by.
During the Bazaar, the town’s Christmas Parade took place down Main Street. The Bazaar and the parade were organized by the Bailey NC Chamber of Commerce, available online at baileychamber.org and on Facebook.