In less than a month, the Wilson County Fair in Eastern North Carolina kicks off with fair foods, rides, judging, helicopter rides, puppets, and full days of fun for all ages. The Wilson County Fair runs September 20-25, 2016.
Admission this year is $7 at the gate, with advance tickets $5. Check these locations for $5 advance tickets, or admission+ride combos for $22 — before the Fair begins.
- Chick-Fil-A of Wilson — 2407 Forest Hills Road W, Wilson NC
- The Wilson Times — 2001 Downing Street, Wilson NC
- Wilson County Fairgrounds — 2331 US-301 South, Wilson NC
- Piggy Wiggly stores in:
- Bailey — 12536 Sandford Street, Bailey NC
- Elm City — 509 S Parker Street, Elm City NC
- Kenly — 607 W 2nd Street, Kenly NC
- Wilson — 1105 Ward Blvd, Wilson NC
On September 22, 2016, bring canned goods to receive a discount on admission in return for can donations.
This year’s entertainment includes a mini-pullers show, livestock shows, Agri-Puppets, and the Motorcycle Madness Freestyle Stunt Show.
In addition to agricultural, craft, and other judging, there are two contests for children/teens — a Lego/Mega Block contest and a Pumpkin Painting contest. Entries must be submitted to the fairgrounds by September 18, 2016.
Gates open Tuesday through Friday at 4pm, Saturday at noon, and Sunday at 1pm
The Wilson County Fairgrounds are located at 2331 US-301 South, Wilson NC. To find out more about the fair activities, see the schedule at www.wilsoncountyfair.org/entertainment.php.