The Franklin Flicks Film Festival opens its doors and returns to host the fourth-annual screening and discussions of a wide array of short, independent films received from all over the world.
Franklin Flicks Film Festival brings high-caliber, international Independent cinema to Franklin County, North Carolina — a county well-renowned for its love of culture and the arts. The Glitz and Glamour of Independent short films meets Small Town Southern Hospitality and Charm.
This year, the Franklin Flicks Film Festival will be held at Tar Banks Brewery, 108 N Main Street, in downtown Louisburg NC.
The festival will open with the “New Era” — a Red Carpet and RVP Film Award ceremony at 7pm on Friday, March 23, 2018 — followed by screening of an opening line-up of short films, 7:45-8:30pm.
On Saturday, March 24, 2018, the film festival continues at the Tar Banks Brewery, from 10:30am to 2pm, and the special highlights of this day will be to celebrate “International Women’s Day” with the screening of three short films by women, from 12:45pm to 2pm, covering varied women issues, and empowering/inspiring women. Everyone is encouraged to attend as there will be a motivational women’s leader who will lead the discussion on these topics.
Films selected for the festival:
- Dreamweaver (Trailer) — Director: Cheryl Briggs, Orlando FL USA
- Light Sight (Trailer) — Director: Seyed M. Tabatabaei, Iran
- Bob – The Blob Fish — Director: Marleia Alfaro, San Diego CA USA
- GoodMan (Trailer) — Director: Andrew Huggins from Charlotte NC USA
- Shala (Trailer) — Directed by Joao Ignacio, Brazil
- Butterflies in The Dark — Director: Daniel Mercatali, Italy
- Dreamphone — Director: Kendra Lohr, Massachusetts, USA
- The Book – The Best Gift — Director: Alex Protensky, Russian Federation
- Trail Past Prejudice — Director: Shruti Tewari, Bay Area USA
- Wire — Director: Berkay Hasbay, Istanbul, Turkey
- Green Soil — Director: Keerthi Raj B.S., India
- Poetry Stalled — Director: Steven Biver, Virginia USA
- Amazonia Damned — Director: Ada Bodjolle, UK
- Stronger than Pretty (Trailer) — Director: Jaret Martino
- The Family Portrait — Director: Kelly Holmes from UK
- Is This A Joke Or What? — Director: Sangeeta Gogbole from Durham NC USA
The film festival is organized by Franklin County Arts Council, Festival Chair Pamela Andrejev, and Franklin Flicks Film Festival Founder and Chair, Gauri Singh.
This year’s film festival sponsors are Tar Banks Brewery and the Town of Louisburg. The films awards are sponsored by RVP productions.
Food trucks will be on-site (truck names to be announced) for both screening days.
The Franklin County NC International Film Festival was founded in 2015 by Gauri Singh, independent filmmaker and screenplay writer, with the support of Franklin County Arts Council to give voices to the unheard filmmakers by providing a platform to showcase talents and discover new talents.
More information may be found on the Franklin Flicks website, www.fciff.org.
For more information on the Franklin County Arts Council, visit www.fcacarts.org.
Source: Ellen Queen, Franklin County [NC] Arts Council