NC State Fair is October 13-23, 2016, in Raleigh, North Carolina
Released by Sarah Ray and James Romer, NC State Fair
Six new acts, including acrobats, human puppets and trained wolves, are coming to the NC State Fair this year:
- The Red Trouser Show’s star acrobats, David Graham and Tobin Renwick, balance on each other’s heads, juggle flaming batons and more.
- Pirates of the Colombian Caribbean features a family of performers who will do tricks on the high wire and Wheel of Death while acting out the story of pirates battling over treasure.
- Tangled Threads, a stilt-walking puppet master and his human marionette, will interact with fairgoers near the Expo Center.
- FireStryker, a prehistoric dragon, will roam Kiddieland with its medieval dragon trainer.
- A pair of stilt-walking unicorns from Dream City Stiltwalkers will wander at the Flower and Garden Show area.
- The Wolves of the World Show features a pack of trained wolves performing tricks while trainer Sharon Sandlofer educates the audience about the importance of wolves to the ecosystem.
- All Star Big Top Circus will present its circus dogs as they perform tricks and even give the audience a doggie fashion show.
The NC State Fairgrounds will premiere its first permanent ride at the 2016 fair. The State Fair Flyer will transport fairgoers across the Midway, providing an aerial view of the grounds. The ride, which is similar to a ski lift, is more than 40 feet high at its peak. It has endpoints at the west end of the Scott Building and at Gate 8. A one-way trip transports riders 1,400 feet across the fairgrounds and lasts seven minutes. Cost is $5 for a one-way ride or $8 for a round trip.
NC State Fair fans who want to save money on admission and rides can buy advance tickets at four additional locations starting September 29, 2016. Purchasing tickets by October 13 will save $2 per admission ticket and $8 on each sheet of ride tickets. Advance admission tickets cost $8 for adults and $3 for children ages 6-12. Adult admission tickets for groups of 40 or more are $6 and must be purchased during the advance-sales period. Children’s group tickets are $2 if 40 or more are purchased at one time. Ride sheets cost $10 in advance.
Admission tickets and ride sheets will be on sale at the following Raleigh NC locations:
- NC Museum of History, 5 E Edenton Street, 9am-5pm weekdays.
- NC State Fairgrounds, Gate 9 off Trinity Road, 9am-7pm daily.
- State Farmers Market, 1201 Agriculture Street, 9am-5pm daily — The ticket booth is located between the Farmers Building and Market Shoppes.
- Triangle Town Center, lower level near the food court, 5959 Triangle Town Blvd, daily during mall hours — Note that mall ticket sales end October 13 at 6pm.
The new Daredevil Package includes two adult admission tickets and six ride sheets (108 ride tickets total) for $72, offering a savings of $56 off gate admission and $4 off advance price. Daredevil Packages are available online only until October 13, 2016, at 11:59pm as a print-at-home ticket.
The NC State Fairgrounds location is 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh NC.
Go online to www.ncstatefair.org for more information.